Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Weekend / Fin De Semana de Conferencia

What a great weekend. My parents, Mac, and I stayed at the Radisson Hotel in Salt Lake City 2 blocks from the Conference Center. We stayed there from Friday night to Sunday morning. We left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Wilson. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! We couldn't have done it without you. On Saturday we went to both sessions and inbetween we ate at the Church Cafeteria with my uncle, aunt, and cousins. While the men were at the Priesthood Session, my mom, my aunt, and my female cousins went to "Ladies Night" at Deseret Book where we got a free book from President Hinckley called "One bright Shining Hope". After that my mom and I went back to the hotel to relax. On Sunday we went to both sessions again and ate at the Church Cafeteria again. After the second session Mac and I drove to Eden to pick up the kids and my parents stayed at the hotel until Monday. It was a really nice weekend and we really enjoyed it. Thanks mami and papi for the stay at the hotel.

Que buen fin de semana. Mis padres, Mac y yo nos quedamos en el hotel Radisson en Salt Lake City a 2 cuadras del Centro de Conferencia. Nos quedamos ahi desde el viernes hasta el domingo. Otra vez dejamos a Lili y John con los abuelos Wilson. Muchas gracias por cuidar a los chicos. No podriamos haberlo hecho sin la ayuda de ustedes. El sabado fuimos a las dos sesiones y entre medio de las sesiones comimos en la cafeteria de la Iglesia con mi tio, tia y primos. Mientras los hombres fueron a la reunion del sacerdocio, mi mama, mi tia, mis primas y yo fuimos a "The ladies night" en Deseret Book donde nos dieron un libro gratis del Presidente Hinckley que se llama "One Bright Shining Hope". Despues de ahi mi mama y yo nos volvimos al hotel para relajarnos. El domingo fuimos a las dos sesiones y denuevo comimos en la cafeteria de la iglesia. Despues de la segunda sesion Mac y yo nos fuimos a Eden para buscar a los chicos y mis padres se quedaron en el hotel hasta el lunes. Realmente fue un fin de semana re lindo y lo re disfrutamos. Gracias mami y papi por la estadia en el hotel.



This is Adriana my seminary teacher from Argentina. She and her husband came for General Conference too. Let me tell you how I found her at Conference. On Saturday after the first session was over Mac and I were standing inside the Conference Center and all of a sudden I saw her walking up the stairs and she was coming in my direction and I said.. Adriana?! We both hugged each other and cried. I love Adriana. She wasn't only my seminary teacher but my friend, my mentor, etc, etc. She has had such a great influence in my life and I will always be grateful for her example.

Esta es Adriana mi maestra de seminario de Argentina. Ella y su esposo vinieron tambien para la conferencia General. Dejenme contarles como fue que la vi. El Sabado despues de que la primera sesion termino, Mac y yo estabamos parados adentro del Centro de Conferencia y de repente la vi a ella caminando y estaba viniendo hacia donde yo estaba y dije:- Adriana?! Nos abrazamos y lloramos. Amo a Adriana. No solamente fue mi maestra de seminario sino que tambien mi amiga, mi mentor, etc, etc. Ella a tenido una gran influencia en mi vida y siempre estare agradecida a ella por su ejemplo.

No comments: