Sunday, November 2, 2008

Long Island and 11 Hours / Long Island y 11 Horas

Yesterday we went to Long Island. We got up really early and drove there. On our way there, we could see New York City and the Statue of Liberty. While in Long Island we went to the beach. Of course we didn't go in the water. I seriously wanted to cry. I LOVE the beach and it's been 7 years since I've gone to the beach. It was beautiful. I've never seen white sand before except for in pictures. The kids loved it too. They played in the sand and they didn't want to leave. The beach we stopped at had a playground and tons of volleyball nets. I think I found the perfect place for next summer. We really enjoyed the drive going there and coming back home. It took us 1 hour and 30 minutes to get there. We got home around 4:45pm. We gave the kids a bath, had dinner, and here is where my 11 hours story starts.
So last night at 7:00 pm I was feeding Samuel and I fell asleep. Mac came to wake me up so that I could put Samuel in bed. I put Samuel in his crib at around 7:45 pm. I went back to sleep and I didnt't get up until 6:15 this morning. That means I slept 11 hours. Yahoo!!!!!!!! You may be wondering at this point where Lili and John were. They were just playing in the living room where I was (asleep). After I put Samuel in his crib Mac took care of them. I was so tired and so out of it that even this morning I asked Mac if he put the kids in bed last night. Anyway, Samuel slept the whole night too and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning. I was a new woman today. Well here are some pictures for you to see and be jealous.

Ayer fuimos a Long Island. Nos levantamos bien temprano y manejamos hasta alla. En nuestro camino hacia alla pudimos ver a la ciudad de New York y la estatua de la libertad. Mientras que estabamos en Long Island fuimos a la playa. Por supuesto que no nos metimos en el agua. Realmente queria llorar de la emosion. Me ENCANTA la playa y hace ya 7 años que no voy a la playa. Fue hermoso. Nunca vi en mi vida arena blanca mas que en una foto. A los chicos les encanto y jugaron en la arena. No se querian ir. En la playa que paramos tenian una plazita con juegos para los chicos para jugar y un monton de canchas de voley. Asi que me parece que encontre el lugar perfecto para ir el verano que viene. Realmente disfrutamos mucho el viaje de ida y vuelta a casa. Nos llevo 1 hora y 1/2 para llegar alla. Llegamos a casa a las 4:45 de la tarde. Les dimos un baño a los chicos, comimos, y aqui es donde empieza mi historia de las 11 horas.
Ayer a las 7:00 de la noche le estaba dando de comer a Samuel y me quede dormida con el en los brazos. Mac vino a despertarme para poder poner a Samuel a dormir. Puse a Samuel en su cuna como a las 7:45 de la noche. Yo me volvi a dormir y no me desperte hasta hoy a las 6:15 de la mañana. Eso quiere decir que dormi 11 horas!!!!!!! Ustedes se estaran preguntando en este momento donde estaba Lili y John. Ellos estaban jugando en el living donde yo estaba durmiendo con Sam. Despues de que puse a Sam en su cuna Mac se encargo de ellos. Estaba tan cansada y mi mente no respondia que aun esta mañana le pregunte a Mac si el habia puesto a los chicos a dormir anoche. Pero bueno Samuel durmio toda la noche y no se desperto hasta las 6;30 de la mañana. Hoy me senti como una nueva mujer. Aqui hay algunas fotos para que se mueran de envidia. jajajajaja!!


7 comments:

shaunie said...

That is so awesome you got 11 hours of sleep. Jilly didn't do that for me until a few weeks ago, and she's almost two! The beach is very pretty.

Belkycita said...

Que bueno mujer que dormiste tanto. Estan bellas las fotos!
Besos

Anonymous said...

Priscila,
I loved these pictures and finding out what you were up to last Saturday. You both deserve a day away and also a looooooong nights sleep. Congrats!!!!
Love, Mom

Robin said...

What a fun little get-away. I like your hat.

Tami said...

Yay for 11 hours!! I'm so glad you're updating again, it's great to see what you guys are up to. Your kiddos are soo cute! I'll call you in a few days, I'm sorry I didn't before, we finally sold our home and it's been insane busy.
Tami

Ben said...

Wow, it's one of those iconic east coast beaches. I hope we can head east as well.

Sidra said...

Serious jealous, for so many reasons! Sleep and a beach! You are in heaven. We miss you guys!