Sunday, July 11, 2010

Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God

I just watched this video from the church website and it filled my spirit with hope and strength. I just wanted to share it with all those mothers out there. I know that motherhood is hard. Sometimes exhausting, tiring and patience-trying. But on the other hand I feel that I have become a better person since I became a mother because having to raise my kids helps me improve myself because I strongly believe that the best way to teach our kids is by example. That doesn't mean I'm perfect because I'm not even close to being perfect but my kids help me become the person I want to be. I have been reading and studying a talk from Sister Beck that she gave in April 2010 at the women's conference and I encourage all of you to read it. It has been a great help in my daily planning and has helped me understand the importance of being a good mother. I know that we are daughters of a Heavenly Father and that He loves us as mothers and if we put Him first in our lives He will guide us and help us with our kids and everything else in our lives. Enjoy the clip.



1 comment:

Victoria Blanchard said...

That is beautiful! I love that they showed some realistic clips of the hard moments---Katie hasn't played in the toilet yet, but seeing that made me laugh and feel like they really "get" how hard little things can be!