Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday in Central Park

Today after almost 2 years of living so close to New York City, we finally made it to Central Park with the kids. That is what happens when you live on a student budget. It was really fun. The kids played at the water playground and Lili especially was loving it. We had a ride in the carousel. And then Mac and I spent the next 4 hours walking around the park pushing the kids in the strollers. It was really nice and I really liked it. I especially loved to watch the people. We heard people talking in so many different languages but the ones we heard the most was Spanish from Spain. I really felt like I was in a movie while I was there.


Mac: Don't forget that we got ripped off by some hotdog vendor guy. He overcharged us on every item: [us: "The price says $2 per pretzel" him: "No, that is 'Jumbo' pretzel" (not on price chart) us: "And the hot dog? Isn't this the jumbo dog?" him: "No, that is 'Spicy' dog" (also, not on the menu) me: "So what does the 'jumbo' dog look like?" him: "like this" (he quickly takes out a hot dog that is the same size as the small one that we bought for Lili and then quickly puts it away and pretends to be annoyed at us because there are other customers waiting) me: "Que manera de estafar!" (rough translation: "What a rip-off!") and then we just keep walking until we find some shade to eat our expensive hot dogs and to feed our expensive pretzels to the pigeons.]

Lili playing with water. Have I ever mention how much Lili likes to play with water?

Sam giving it a try.

Lili and John coming up from their hiding place

I love this picture. After the carousel Lili was complaining because she wanted to do it again. I love how John and Sam are looking at Lili. She might have been pretty loud because even the guy at the ticket booth is looking at her.

View of NY City from the park

Bethesda Fountain

Say cheeeeeeeeeesse..... or not.

Always so curious

Acting like a true princess at the Belvedere Castle.

View of the Turtle Pond from the Belvedere Castle

Nap time 1

Nap time 2

Nap time 3. Forget it. Lili enjoying a popsicle while her brothers are asleep.

Taking a break after walking for 3 hours

Our wonderful friends Emily and James. They rode with us in the car and attended the Manhattan Temple while we went to the park (a block from the Temple) and then we all met up again at the park when we were ready to go home.

Manhattan Temple. I love how this picture makes it look like there is nothing around it.

THE END

3 comments:

Belkycita said...

Oh Central Park!!!!

I miss it. Too bad my in-laws just moved from there :-(

Victoria Blanchard said...

Great pics! I'm glad you got to go. Your kids are so cute, and you look great!

Colleen said...

Love, love, love this post. Love everything about it. More....I want more. Hugs mom