Friday, July 16, 2010

What a sweet little girl...

Lili that is. Today Lili gets an A++++++++ for being so caring and so loving and such a little mommy. Let me tell you what happened. I had a meeting this morning and my friend Emily was watching my kids. When I got back, Emily and the kids were outside at the playground so I went to get them because it was lunch time. John was on the top of the slide and he threw a truck down the slide and it landed right on my left foot on my tendons. It hurt really bad. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. I couldn't put my foot down because of the pain. I waited for a little bit and then we walked home slowly.
When I got home my foot started to hurt even more. I gave the kids some grapes and I couldn't stay standing up so I sat down. I couldn't make lunch. I called Mac and told him what happened and he asked to speak with Lili. After we hung up the phone, Lili told me that it was better if I lay down on the couch and put my foot up. I was surprised. So she helped me get to the couch. Then she went to get me a blanket and covered me up. Then she went and grabbed a ziploc bag and I asked her what it was for and she said to put ice in to put on my foot. She got on a chair and opened the frezeer and got the ice tray, with my help we put the ice cubes in the bag and then she put them on my foot. She then brought me one of her stuffed animals to make me feel better, put my cell phone next to me and gave me a big hug. I was really touched by her service at such a young age (or at any age really).
Of course the kids still needed to eat so she went an gave John and Sam some crackers, a yogurt and an apple and some water. That was their lunch today and she was doing it all without me saying a word. I just laid down and watched. I told John and Sam that they needed to be good to Lili because mommy couldn't walk. Sam even spilled all of his water and she just went, got some paper towels and cleaned it all up. Then she pulled a chair next to the sink to do the dishes but I told her that I would do them later when I felt better. After Lunch time, it was their nap time so Lili took John and Sam to the room gave them some books set the timer on the microwave and went in the room with them. I could hear the rocking chair and her singing. Then she came out and said that she was trying to put Sam to sleep in her bed now because in the rocking chair it was hurting her. I can't believe she was trying to hold him in the rocking chair. What a sweet little girl. The kids actually didn't sleep but at least they were in their room playing and I could have some rest. I will never forget this and if I do this is the reason I'm writing it.
I'm feeling much better now and I can actually walk. I walk a little bit funny because still hurts but I can do things now. I LOVE you Lili! and THANK YOU for your loving service to me and your brothers today. I asked Mac later what he told Lili over the phone and he said he told her:-"Mommy's foot hurts, she can't walk very well. She needs some help so please be good and help John and Sam be good too and be extra nice to her". And that she was indeed.
Since this post is about Lili, I'll share some pictures my wonderful sister-in-law Carly took of Lili when we visited Utah this last May. Thanks Carly for the Beautiful pictures. you are so talented.

Lili you are beautiful and I love your smile and your sense of humor!

6 comments:

Carly said...

I think this is the sweetest story ever! What a smart little girl. Makes you realize how much they actually do watch what you do.

Love her, love you.

Unknown said...

What a good little mommy! She is such a beautiful girl, too - I can't believe how big your kids are. So glad you're back to blogging! (I hope you also realize what a good mom you must be for Lili to know just what to do.)

Belkycita said...

She's just a mini YOU!
Glad you are back in the blog world :-)

shaunie said...

How sweet! I can't believe how big she has gotten!

Colleen said...

Like mother....Like Daughter...
Love you both.

Angel Wimberley said...

Awww that was so sweet it is amazing how they can mimc what we do as mothers.